Thursday, January 15, 2009

Revisiting My Review of "The Happening"

I must admit that after watching M. Knight Shyamalan's "The Happening" for a second time, I noticed that I may have been unfairly harsh on the poor guy. Although I stand by my statement that his script could have been better, especially in the dialogue which came from Mark Wahlberg's character.

However, the movie wasn't a complete disaster and I did see the thought put into a lot of the scenes. I also noticed the challenges Shyamalan faced in getting particular shots. (For example, the scene where the jeep crashes into the tree and ejects two people through the windshield.)

I hope Mr. Shyamalan can deliver a movie of the same caliber of his original masterpiece that was "The Sixth Sense."

2 comments:

Faith Sojourner said...

I thought the movie was excellent, but I think most people were looking for a horror movie. He really only writes fairy tales.

BTW, would you like to trade links? I am at cinemaxyz.com (it's a work in progress while I move my old blog).

Great site.

Pomaikai said...

Thanks Bob! Sure I'll add a link to your site right away. Thanks for stopping by.