Thursday, January 15, 2009

Doubt (2009)


My Rating: A (95/ 100)

The first thought I had, as I watched the opening of Doubt, was how old and wrinkled everyone looked. The make-up was obviously light and the filming felt really raw, almost like you were actually at an old church in the dead of Winter. It added an interesting element to the movie itself and was excellently complemented by a carefully written, witty, and thought provoking script which allowed the complex story take center stage.

While I was impressed with the script and filming, the acting is what I'll remember from this film. Meryl Streep and Phillip Seymour Hoffman, giants in the industry, were great; however, I was even more impressed with Amy Adams. Her acting, especially her facial expressions, capture the true tension that encompasses the whole movie. She is brilliant!

Run Time: 104 min
MPAA Rating: PG-13

No comments: