Friday, January 30, 2009

Bride Wars (2009)

My Rating: 82/100

I went into this movie expecting a spirited, yet trivial chick flick. To know ones surprise, much of the movie was just that.

Two women are best of friends until their lavishly planned weddings are accidentally booked on the same day. Materialistic and shallow name-calling ensues, of course. What did catch me by surprise was the ending (which I won't reveal here) which showed depth and realism.

Although most would say the classic happily-ever-after endings are nice, I am personally more moved by a movie with an unexpected, thought provoking ending which still brings closure to the story. (I hate open ended movies! You know, setups for sequels...eww!) However redeeming a movie is with it's ending, it does not justify a mundane and predictable beginning.

Movie-o-meter: Watch it once.

No comments: