Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gran Torino (2009)

My Rating: A (98/100)

I've never been a fan of Clint Eastwood, especially his acting. However, I came away from "Gran Torino" with a new found respect for Mr. Eastwood and his cinematic genius. His performance is one of the best I've seen in the past few years.

One trait of an excellent film, in my opinion, is realistic and complex characterization. Clint Eastwood, in what he is calling his final performance as an actor, in essence is the movie. By the movie's end you feel as if you know his character, Walt Kowalski, on a profoundly deep level. You can feel his pain and experience his growth.

I can see why Clint Eastwood chose this role to be his final performance. Indeed, he has created a masterpiece of film.

Run Time: 116 min
MPAA Rating: R

No comments: