Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Baby Mama (2008)

MY RATING: D

MPAA RATING: PG-13

RUN TIME: 99 min

MY REVIEW:  I love Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.  I think they are both comedic geniuses and although Fey is no longer with SNL, both have been favorites of mine among the SNL cast.  Knowing their great comedic skills I felt Baby Mama fell short of all of my expectations.  It had its funny moments and indeed I did giggle aloud in a few parts, but my undies were still dry by the end of the movie.  The story made sense, but so did Britney Spears' divorce and no one made a movie out of that.  (Wait I may have spoken too soon.)  I wouldn't blame the cast, but rather the writers.  I give Fey and Poehler props for pushing the poorly written comedy of Baby Mama to laughable levels, but I've come to expect much better from the comedic duo.  The 99 minute movie seemed to drag on and on.  I didn't even realize the movie was so short until I wrote this review.  

Overall, I left the theater disappointed and wanting my money back.  Not just the 8 bucks I dished out for admission, but the gas money it cost me to drive there.  It is not a movie I would see again. 

No comments: