Monday, March 2, 2009

Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail (2009)

My Rating: (70/100)

My Review: I think Tyler Perry's Madea character is comedic genius. She is incredibly funny, great in her timing, and has that strong, hard-headed attitude you can't help but love. However, Tyley Perry always uses Madea as background to a more serious storyline. Sometimes that idea can work, however with this film I was left with wanting more Madea.

There are some okay messages here, but I went to this movie for the laughs. I got some laughs, but I had the feeling that seperated, the stories would have been better developed.

If you get a chance, you should watch the filmed stage version of "Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail." It has a completely different storyline, but for me the play was more cohesive. Everything came together and the laughs were much more frequent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The movie has two separate stories which could have been each made into a independent movie of its own. Joe's makeup is done very poor and looks awful in it. Its a average movie, but the ending is not so good...